However, everybody likes good teeth and gums, do you understand how to do this? Things you might believe you’re doing right may not necessarily be healthy for your teeth; on the contrary, for your general health, certain dental processes may do more damage than good.
To know our top 10 tips on how to prevent periodontal disease and attain the ultimate dental health, read below.
- Practice oral hygiene properly. If you want healthy teeth and gums to survive, the correct way to practice oral hygiene will guarantee that you minimize your likelihood of developing severe problems in dental health that could lead to unexpected health circumstances such as heart illness, gastrointestinal illnesses, diabetes, and cancer. Brushing your teeth a few times back and forth is simply not enough, you need to clean all areas thoroughly for at least 2 minutes at a time, followed by careful flossing and rinsing. Cleaning your tongue’s back will keep bad breath at bay by removing the remains of food and bacteria that may add to poor dental health. There’s a fine line between brushing and brushing over, though. If you are brushing your teeth for more than 3 minutes at a moment, your gums may be damaged and tooth enamel may be erased.
- Shop closely for dental goods. We’ve learned for years that using fluoride-rich toothpaste will stop the decay of the tooth and assist us to achieve healthy teeth and gums. However, this declaration could not be further from reality, according to the latest innovative studies. Most individuals already have a high risk of a hazardous overdose of fluoride from the municipal water supply, let alone the use of fluoride toothpaste. Considering that until lately most pediatricians suggested using fluoridated water to prepare formula for infants, most kids are already facing overdose of fluoride before they reach their first birthday. Shop as closely for your toothpaste as you’d shop for food. Make sure that your toothpaste contains no fluoride, sugars or additives, but only natural ingredients such as mint, essential oils, baking soda, and others.
- Choose from standard strategy to environmental dentistry. We’ve all heard it’s just a must to visit your dentist twice a year. While this is true, it is very essential to find a dentist trained to practice environmental dentistry. Conventional dentistry utilizes a range of extremely toxic drugs to deal with prevalent dental issues such as cavities, root canals, and extractions of teeth. These substances, with apparently unknown causes, can accumulate in a person’s body over time and lead to numerous health problems. Occasionally, unnecessary oral surgery provides your body with unneeded antibiotics and other medicines that have long-term impacts on health. Environmental dentists use biologically safe components to improve the dental health of patients in a safe manner and in the long run without compromising the overall health of patients.
- Review your diet. Healthy teeth and gums do not begin in the office of your dentist but in the kitchen. If you eat a diet complete of processed and nutrient-free foods, you will endanger your dental health. In every kitchen, raw vegetables that are minimally processed should become staples. These will not only supply your body with the needed components due to their low sugar content but will also assist “brush” your teeth while you chew. Introducing a variety of raw vegetables to your children early will ensure they develop healthy teeth and gums for life and reduce their chances of needing orthodontics services. By limiting sugars and simple starches will not only reduce your waistline but will help you avoid cavities and toothache.
- Avoid channels of the root. Surprisingly, root canals that are deemed one of the most frequently recommended processes could cause long-term health issues you may not even suspect. Root canals are accomplished by nearly murdering and sealing off dental nerves. These root canals, unfortunately, become a place where anaerobic bacteria can flourish effectively without needing oxygen to survive. This, in turn, can cause a range of autoimmune disorders and severe complications of health years down the road. Ask your dentist what other options you have that might be harmful to your health in addition to root canals.
- Avoid aggressive cleaning of your teeth. It is highly suggested that all dental patients undergo periodic professional teeth cleaning. Dental hygienists use a variety of sharp instruments to remove plaque from the teeth that are supposed to assist you to attain good teeth and gums. It’s no wonder that during such aggressive cleaning processes, many dental patients experience bleeding that enables toxins to leech into your bloodstream through a sequence of cuts that your dental hygienist may inevitably trigger. It is important to avoid such dental cleanings. An innovative option to severe teeth cleaning is salt water irrigation, which is supplied under stress and can efficiently remove plaque build up without hazardous side effects.
- Wisely select dental implants. Other common techniques for replacing missing teeth are dental implants, which could lead to hazardous complications of health. Most dental implants are made of titanium alloys that after some time may result in allergies and systemic inflammation. Titanium dental implants are therefore better prevented; using biocompatible dental implants such as those produced from zirconia is a much better way to get healthy teeth and gums on the highway.
- Try to prevent professional whitening of the dental system. To avoid hydrogen peroxide whitening products is a must if you want healthy teeth and gums. High levels of hydrogen peroxide can harm your gums and tooth enamel, which can affect your dental health in the long term. Surprisingly, many environmental dentists suggest that you attempt to mash some ripe strawberries and mix them into a baking soda teaspoon to produce a natural tooth whitening remedy. A few times a month, using this remedy will often assist you to attain pearly whites without hazardous health problems.
- Practice regular gum massage. Gum massage is an incredibly helpful method of maintaining proper dental health that improves oral blood circulation. You can dip your index finger in some natural finely ground sea salt and massage your gums with circular motions.
- Avoid cigarettes and hard liquors. It’s hard to imagine anything more harmful for your gums and teeth than a combination of nicotine and hard liquors. This deadly combination will not only cause periodontal disease but may even lead to oral cancer.